View Text Only Version

Graduate Studies


Contact Us  

Graduate Studies

McKelvie Hall
102 West Rosedale Avenue
West Chester, PA 19383

Fax: 610-436-2763

Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am-4:00pm

Graduate Assistanships Information:

Additional Contact Information

International Graduate Students

West Chester University offers numerous master’s and doctoral programs for international students. In addition, WCU also offers an intensive English Language program (ELS) for those students seeking a conditional admission.

Application Instructions

International Application Deadlines:

  • Fall: May 15th
  • Spring: October 15th

Application Procedure and Requirements

  • International applicants are required to meet the standard admission requirements and applications requirements
  • In addition, some programs require additional credentials such as GRE/GMAT scores, resumes, and additional letters of recommendation (see specific requirements for each program)
  • All applications are submitted electronically. Apply online today
  • There is a $50 application fee paid via application website.
  • Applicants are required to submit evidence of English Language Proficiency. This may be done thru submission of TOEFL scores, IELTS academic test scores or completion of an English Language Service (ELS) program.
    • TOEFL or IELTS scores are not required if you graduated from a U.S. Institution and have provided WCU with an official copy of your transcript showing a degree has been awarded.
    • TOEFL or IELTS scores are not required from those living in the following countries.
    • ELS - an applicant must submit proof of completion of ELS level 112 (Intensive English for Academic Purposes)
  • International transcripts are required. We strongly encourage all students to submit transcripts using World Education Services or another member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services foreign educational credential evaluation services.
  • If you require a student visa, please indicate this on the application form. If you are already in the United States, please supply a copy of your current visa. If you are currently attending another university on an I-20, you will need a new I-20 document for WCU (transfer).
  • International students must be able to verify their ability to meet all educational and living expenses before a U.S. Immigration Form (I-20) can be issued by West Chester University. Detailed information on proof of financial support can be obtained through the Center for International Programs. This proof is not required until after formal acceptance.

Contact Information



Robert Marco

Assistant Director of Graduate Recruitment & Admissions

Back to top of page.