- Complete the FAFSA by the February 15th Priority deadline.
- Complete the West Chester University Federal Work Study Student Employment Application
(available on the WCU Financial Aid website).
- You will receive notification from our office regarding your eligibility and placement.
Students who do not qualify due to the fact that they do not have financial need will
be sent a separate notice.
Federal Work Study job descriptions at WCU are listed by department and can be found
via the Job Search Tool.
Students receive direct compensation, on a biweekly basis, for the hours worked. Students
are encouraged to enroll in direct deposit with the payroll office. Funds received
are intended for use to meet educational related expenses.
- The Federal Work Study Program provides part-time jobs for eligible undergraduate
students and students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay
- West Chester University's Federal Work Study Student Employment Program is a need
based federally funded program.
- Contracts are mailed via traditional mail to eligible students over the summer. The
contract contains important information regarding the student's assignment, the terms
of employment, and paperwork required.
- Contact your supervisor to introduce yourself and familiarize yourself with the department's
- Return your contract by the stated deadline to secure the position.
- Complete all payroll documents in person at the Payroll Office as soon as possible.
- Note: *Each year we have more students apply than the number of jobs available. Students
who are not placed in a position initially will be notified that they have been placed
on the waitlist. Students who are not placed within the fall term but would like to
remain on the waitlist for the spring will be asked to re-apply at the end of the
fall term and provide additional information if needed.*
- Students who have submitted all required documents are authorized to begin work for
their term of employment.
- Students are to report to work the first week of their scheduled assignment.
- Students that do not report to work will be reported as a NO SHOW and the award will