Congratulations on being selected to participate in the new co-admissions program between Delaware County Community College and West Chester University! The co-admissions program is invitation only, and offers you opportunities on both campuses as well as guaranteed housing and scholarships when you transfer to West Chester University.
- Opportunities on two campuses
- Seamless pathway from DCCC into WCU
- Graduate with two degrees
- Choose from more than 20 associate degrees and 64 bachelor’s degrees
- Save on tuition by starting at DCCC
- Guaranteed housing
- Renewable scholarship award
- Application fee refunded upon enrollment at WCU
To be eligible you:
- Received an invitation to apply
- Live within Chester or Delaware County
- Applied to WCU as a first-year student but were waitlisted or denied for academic or capacity reasons
- Have not attended another college or community college before or after DCCC prior to WCU
- Must enroll at WCU within one year of graduation from DCCC
The co-admissions program provides a seamless pathway for students to begin post-secondary education at DCCC, earn their associate degree, and transfer to WCU in a parallel bachelor’s degree program.
- Guaranteed admission with full junior standing into a parallel bachelor’s degree program in an equivalent field of study at WCU upon completion of your associate degree at DCCC and provided that you meet all University, degree, major, and GPA requirements. Addendum D
- Guaranteed admission into Biomedical Engineering, Social Work, Exploratory Studies, Sports Medicine, and the traditional BSN Nursing major programs are not part of this agreement.
- Students who earned college-level credits via prior learning methods such as AP (Advanced Placement), CLEP (College Level Examination Program), IB (International Baccalaureate Program), and DSST while in high school, military, or otherwise so long as they were not matriculated at another post-secondary institutionare covered under this agreement.
- For details on how your DCCC credits will transfer to WCU, please see the agreement.
- Advising Guides
- The original WCU admissions application fee already paid when you applied as a first-year student will be refunded upon matriculation at WCU.
- You must enroll at WCU within one calendar year of DCCC graduation.
- If you attended another institution between DCCC graduation and matriculation at WCU, you are not covered under this agreement.
- If you attend another institution any time before matriculating at DCCC, you are not coveredby this agreement.
- Students who have criminal convictions or have been dismissed or suspended from DCCC for disciplinary reasons are not coveredunder this agreement and will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- You are responsible for submitting an official copy of your final DCCC transcript to WCU when your associate degree has been awarded so the academic passport can be applied.
- Prior to enrolling at WCU, you will be required to submit a transfer form to provide WCU with the most current contact information, housing needs, and planned major program of study.
Scholarship and Housing Information
- If you are a DCCC student who participates in the Program, completes the Transfer
Form, and graduates from DCCC, you will qualify for a transfer scholarship as determined
- You must be enrolled full-time at WCU.
- Your will retain your scholarship award for up to two (2) consecutive academic years so long as you remain in good academic standing at WCU with a minimum of 2.00 GPA.
- You must be working to attain your first baccalaureate degree.
- As a transferring DCCC student who participates in the Program, completes the Co-Admissions Commitment Form, and graduates from DCCC, you will be guaranteed Housing upon enrollment at WCU, provided that your submit the Housing Co-Admissions Enrollment Form by the required deadline.
- DCCC and WCU have teams dedicated to your success every step of the way. At DCCC, this includes the admissions team who will assist you in getting started and the Transfer Advising Center which is available to guide you through the transfer process. At WCU, this includes a transfer concierge and transfer admissions counselor who will contact you immediately upon receipt of your indicating interest in participating in this program. Prior to enrolling at WCU, your WCU student success coordinator, academic advisor, and success coach will reach out to ensure a seamless transition.
- In addition to the many exciting and rewarding activities and events at DCCC, WCU will celebrate you through invitations to WCU campus events and activities during your time at DCCC.
Thank you again for your interest in West Chester University. We encourage you to complete the co-admissions interest form, to secure your place in this unique program. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Catherine Oberholtzer directly.”