The Moving Services Department provides the following services for the university:
- Delivery of tables, chairs, risers, podiums and waste containers for special outside events
- Movement of assets from one campus location to another
- Providing lockable Toters and pickup/secure storage service for shredding of confidential papers
- Archiving of important University records for specified time limits
- Provide furniture support for Residence Halls
- Provide backup material handling support to Central Receiving for large-scale receipts/shipments
To request service, submit a TMA Work Request by selecting Move Request @ iService Desk.
- Requests must be submitted at least two weeks in advance of the event or move so the work can be scheduled.
- Event requests must include both delivery and pickup dates for tables and chairs and they will be accepted and scheduled on a priority basis and/or by date of request. Include the name of the event in your request. Items are to be used only for the event requested and should not be removed from the site to which they were delivered. Tables are not waterproof and are not intended for outside use. Charges may result from missing/damaged items.
- Moving Services has a standing commitment to support Residence Hall furniture requests and move-in needs for the start of the Fall Semester. Consequently, no other major move requests can be accommodated from the first of August through mid-September each year.
- Moving Services does not handle multiple-office moves or departmental relocation. Such large movement needs should be referred to Facilities Design and Construction for planning and implementation via a WW work request.
After a work request is processed and approved, a work order will be issued and assigned to the appropriate department/shop. Work orders will be completed on a priority basis.
Use iService Desk to check the status of your work request or your work order by typing the number into the Search by Number box.
You may also call the Moving Services department directly at x2512 but please have your work request # ready.
View your charges by using the Chargeback Expense Report @ iService Desk. There are also Directions for Viewing Chargeback Reports with information on how to reconcile the amounts on your BI Report.
Shredding of confidential paper is available via delivery of a lockable toter. Submit a work request with the drop-off and pick-up date.
Temporary document storage is available by submitting a request via Submit Records Storage Box, followed up by a work request via iService Desk. See the Records Storage Policy before submitting your requests.
- Space Allocation Committee approval for moving into a newly-assigned space
- Telephone/computer relocation request & timetable
- Getting information from Moving Services and/or Design and Construction in advance regarding the move schedule, packing requirements, emptying file cabinets, etc.
- Packing your items before the movers arrive
- Notify the University Post Office of your new location
- Notify HR to revise your emergency locator file
- Key requisitions (turn in old keys, get new ones)
- Signage for your new location? Consult with Facilities
- Telling the world you moved: Inform your clients, mail forwarding, etc.