The Center for Women and Gender Equity at WCU is committed to supporting students. The resources compiled below aim to support students as they navigate both college and life. If you are searching for a resource that is not listed on this site, please contact us and we will do our best to connect you!
The list below will provide you information about concerns we often talk to students about. It is a great place to start!
- WCU Counseling Services: 610-436-2301
- Public Safety: 610-436-3311
- On-call psychologist available during nights and weekends
- Valley Creek Crisis Center for community help: 610-280-3270
- Chester County's Warm Line
- If you are feeling lonely, depressed or anxious and just want to talk: 1-866-846-2722
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) National Helpline: 1-800-662-4357
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:1-800-273-8255
- Veterans Crisis Line: Phone: 1-800-273-8255 and press 1 (or send a text to 838255)
- Free Confidential Counseling (for vets and families): Phone: 1-877-576-5343
- Crisis Text Line: Text START to 741-741
- TransLifeline.org: 1-877-565-8860
- The Crime Victims' Center of Chester County, Inc: More information
Center for Women & Gender Equity's Library
The Center for Women & Gender Equity has a number of books available for students to reserve on topics such as: (1) Trans Inclusivity, (2) Feminism, (3) Masculinity, (4) Gender Studies, (5) Sexism, (6) Ethnicity, (7) Race, (8) Body Image, (9) Women's Health, (10) Sexual Health, and more! Our library has over 150 books.