Student System Modernization
Welcome to the Student System Modernization website!
Academic & Enterprise Systems is excited to provide updates on the student system modernization project. Our current student information system, myWCU, has served as the central record hub for student information, academic records, student financials, and financial aid information for almost two decades. In support of our institutional mission, centered around student success and continuous improvement, West Chester University is embarking on a project to implement the Banner Student Information System.
Reach out to SIS@wcupa.edu with any questions, comments or to get involved in the project.
Implement to maximize institutional flexibility to prioritize student success for the future.
- Focus on the Student Experience
- Design solutions with student success at the foundational level
- Plan for continual process to improvement to work through changing student needs
Innovate WCU business processes to transform the user experience.
- Adopt, don't adapt
- Change the processes, not the software.
- Innovate and Improve
- Consider new approaches and ideas
- Improve services via new technology
- Monitor and measure services for quality and efficiency, and take corrective action, if needed.
- Business Processes and Procedures
- WCU will implement improved business processes and procedure through modernizing our current business processes
Integrate people, processes, information, and systems to create alignment, cohesion, and efficiency.
- Keep it simple
- Minimize data entry and modifications of the same information and shared data in multiple systems.
- Utilize one technology to enable efficient and uniform processes across the University.
- Strive for clarity
- Agree on consistent terms and definitions such as “BannerID”, enrolled student, etc.
- System of Record
- Banner will be the official, authoritative data source for student information. Processing external to Banner will not be the system of record.
Inspire collaboration and student-centered services across campus.
- Think "One WCU"
- Do what is best for the University, not just for one school or department.
- Be transparent, collaborative, and inclusive.
- Be accountable
- Every data source, process, procedure, and policy require a champion.
- Empowerment and Timely Implementation
This strategic project is many years in the making. Below is an overview of the historical work and work ahead.
Implementation of PASSHE Base Solution.
|Final contract expected to be executed and project begins.
|Final scope of work defined.
|WCU works with PASSHE colleagues to draft the scope of work, identify implementation approach, and implementation timeline.
|Ellucian is the selected vendor.
|WCU works with PASSHE colleagues to draft the Request For Proposals (RFP). This RFP outlines all the system requirements that would be utilized to score the effectiveness of vendors to meet the requirements of the project .
Please stay tuned for project milestones and more information regarding the implementation approach.
NOTE: Dates are estimated, so please wait for official communication.
|Banner Student - Catalog
|Banner General - general person
|Banner Student - Schedule
|Banner Financial Aid
|Banner Accounts Receivable