Modernize our student systems including implementing the Banner Student Information System to replace myWCU to create more flexibility, a modernization of business systems, increase efficiencies, and prioritize student success.
Implement to maximize institutional flexibility to prioritize student success for the future.
- Focus on the Student Experience
- Design solutions with student success at the foundational level
- Plan for continual process to improvement to work through changing student needs
Innovate WCU business processes to transform the user experience.
- Adopt, don't adapt
- Change the processes, not the software.
- Innovate and Improve
- Consider new approaches and ideas
- Improve services via new technology
- Monitor and measure services for quality and efficiency, and take corrective action, if needed.
- Business Processes and Procedures
- WCU will implement improved business processes and procedure through modernizing our current business processes
Integrate people, processes, information, and systems to create alignment, cohesion, and efficiency.
- Keep it simple
- Minimize data entry and modifications of the same information and shared data in multiple systems.
- Utilize one technology to enable efficient and uniform processes across the University.
- Strive for clarity
- Agree on consistent terms and definitions such as “BannerID”, enrolled student, etc.
- System of Record
- Banner will be the official, authoritative data source for student information. Processing external to Banner will not be the system of record.
Inspire collaboration and student-centered services across campus.
- Think "One WCU"
- Do what is best for the University, not just for one school or department.
- Be transparent, collaborative, and inclusive.
- Be accountable
- Every data source, process, procedure, and policy require a champion.
- Empowerment and Timely Implementation