CALL FOR PROPOSALS
- Save the Date! -
Proposals Due: July 17, 2020
for September 30, 2020 virtual mini-conference
(Proposals due date for March conference: December 11, 2020)
We encourage students, faculty, professionals, practitioners, and the community to submit proposals.
Presentations may be in the form of papers, posters, workshops, or panels related to one or more of the following “tracks”:
- Immigration and Social Justice
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Social Services
- Community Development
A wide range of topics may be considered for these tracks that include current issues, research, performance, community programs and services, and co-curricular opportunities, such as: immigrants, undocumented migration, community activism, language and cultural diversity in the classroom, student achievement, the arts, language, literature, history, sociology, anthropology, political science, economics, geography, race and ethnic studies, border studies, cultural studies, women’s and gender studies, environment and sustainability, health, social work, law, criminal justice, and professional and community development.
Please submit your proposal to LatComsConf@wcupa.edu by July 17, 2020.
- Classes welcome! WCU faculty/local teachers – please contact the organizers to submit proposals for speakers/workshops for your WCU class (and for us to plan room space accordingly), and/or to bring classes from your schools.
- Early on-line registration for all presenters and participants will be available by August.
For questions please email:Latino Communities Conference
or the Conference Coordinators: