Exchange Students

Students from the following partner institutions of West Chester University are eligible to attend for a semester or year as an exchange student. The Center for International Programs will assist you with providing information in order to obtain a J-1 visa.

  • University of Kassel – Germany
  • Mary Immaculate College – Ireland
  • Hosei University – Japan

Admissions Process

Students must first be approved by their home institution to participate in the exchange before proceeding. Once approved, we will need to following documentation to facilitate your registration process;

  • Official Transcript
  • TOEFL or IELTS score results
  • Statement of Academic interest (a brief description of what your are currently studying and what you plan to study while at WCU)
  • Copy of Passport
  • Financial Affidavit of Support

If you would like to stay in on-campus housing, which is strongly recommended, please complete this form. As exchange students, your tuition and fees will be waived, but you will be charged for accommodation and meals if you choose to stay on campus.

Please e-mail all forms to

Once all documents are received and approved, you will be provided with further information.

Forms for students arriving on a J-1 visa.

Please note that the exchange agreements between our institutions require that a balance of students is maintained.
Back to top of page.