Back to top of page.
- Semester begins
- Welcome your advisees back to campus and remind them of important dates as well as
how and when you want them to contact you.
- Drop/add week.
- Students may drop or add classes within the first week of the semester: check the
Registrar's Calendar to learn the dates for the current semester's drop-add.
- There are two groups of advisees with whom you may want to check in:
- New transfer students assigned to you - make sure they are in the correct classes.
- Advisees in their final semesters - make sure they don't have any outstanding requirements
- neither of you wants any unpleasant surprises.
- Registration dates appear on myWCU homepage
- Priority registration begins during the fifth week of the semester.
- You should make sure students know how to contact you to set up appointments.
- Check your email to make sure you are attending to advisees' questions.
- One-two weeks before their registration dates your advisees should be making appointments
- Students can change their schedules through drop-add week of the next semester.
- Make sure they know they can speak with you to discuss options if they cannot get
the classes they need or if other changes occur that may affect their academic plans.