Outdoor Adventure Pursuits
The Outdoor Adventure Pursuits program strives to engage students in meaningful outdoor experiences utilizing a variety of outdoor activities and excursions. Students gain confidence in skills as in problem solving, leadership development, self-awareness, sustainable living, global citizenship, all ability levels welcome...beginner to advanced!
- Multiple levels of outdoor fun ranging from beginner day trips to advanced expeditions
- The ability to become a Trip Guide and obtain multiple industry certifications
- 34ft Climbing Wall with tons of programs
- Well stocked Outdoor Resource Center with all your gear needs
The purpose of the Outdoor Adventure Pursuits program at West Chester University is to engage students in meaningful experiential education opportunities by utilizing a variety of outdoor activities, excursions, and workshops. These programs will develop participants’ commitment to the campus community, encourage healthy living, and help them gain confidence in their ability to lead in an interconnected world.
Our mission is achieved through the integration of our three core values through the following interwoven approaches to student development as a result of our program.
- Outdoor Ethics (Leave No Trace Training)
- Inclusivity and access to the outdoors
- Eliminating barriers (cost, gear, stereotypes)
- Leadership Development - identifying your ability to lead
- Connectedness to others and the more-than-human
- Skill development
- Budget Management
- Problem Solving
- Training & Development
- Logistics coordination
Meet Our Guides