If you graduated from the Department of Art + Design, we would love to hear what you
are doing! Use our online form to keep us informed.
- Jennifer Hartz '14 has been accepted and will be attending the MFA program at the Pennsylvania Academy
of the Fine Arts (PAFA).
- Mackenzie Sheely '15 recently started working for The Mighty Engine. Her first project will consist of designing billboards, bus shelter wraps, and bus
ads for the Philadelphia Department of Public Health.
- Inspired by such artists as Andrew Wyeth, Peter Schulthorpe, and Richard Bollinger,
WCU Alum Lawrence J. Davis ’85 strives to capture the wonder in the mundane and hearken back to a simpler time.
After receiving a BFA degree and working in graphic design for many years, Davis left
the professional art world for medicine, where he still works today. Of course, Davis
has not left art behind, and currently favors the mediums of oil paints and watercolor.
Davis recently completed an exhibition, Figuratively Speaking, at Agora Gallery, NYC.
- After eight years at 20/10 Solutions, Seth Birch ’06 returned to West Chester University as Digital Content Specialist, supporting the
College of Visual and Performing Arts.
- After completing a term as Associate Creative Director for Nutrisystem, Sarah Shaak '01 has open the doors to her own creative studio, Sarah Shaak Creative, with a primary focus on listening and then reacting to clients' needs.
- Justin Rentzel ’08 has joined Tattoo Projects, a creative advertising and marketing agency based in Charlotte, North Carolina,
as Senior Art Director. Justin will be supporting advertising campaigns for Victory
Motorcycles and Sheetz.
- Bryan Hopkins '90 began West Chester University of PA as a mathematics major, and found the ceramics
studio in his junior year. Bryan went on to earn an MFA in Ceramics from the State
University of New York at New Paltz. He has been studio potter working in porcelain
since 1990 and has lived in Buffalo, NY, since 1995. Bryan’s personal research in
the field of ceramics centers on the vessel - both utilitarian and sculptural. Bryan’s
work has been exhibited in group and solo shows nationally, including the NCECA Clay
National Biennial (2005 & 2009), and his work has been published in Ceramics Monthly,
Ceramics: Art and Perception, Studio Potter, 500 Vases, and Best of 500 Ceramics.
Bryan is also a New York Foundation on the Arts Fellow in Craft.
- Jon Yucis ’03, partner at Durkan Group, recently launched a rebrand and full ecommerce solution for The Ram Shop, an affiliate of West Chester University’s Student Services Book Store.
- Taylor Mazzarese ’07, Art Director at Mint Advertising, an award-winning strategic creative agency. Mazzarese joined the agency in January
2008 as Graphic Designer. In her current position, Taylor plays an integral role in
the development of creative concepts through execution as well as spearhead creative
presentations. Mazzarese is also responsible for project management for a variety
of the agency’s core accounts.
- Drew Montemayor ’06, is owner and lead designer at DM Design Solutions, a Philadelphia based design studio that offers small business websites, logos, marketing
and other promotional new media and print design material. Drew recently completed
the logo and promotional materials for the Lehigh Valley Steel Hawks.
- Michael Bird ’05 is currently supporting J.Crew as Associate Art Director, Email Marketing & Editorial Content. Michael has previously
been awarded with two GOLD RACie awards for his work with Lane Crawford and Shanghai
- Nancy Mata ’91 is currently an Associate Professor in Graphic & Interactive Design at Millersville University. Before teaching at the college level, Ms. Mata worked as creative director for a
fortune 500 company, as well as a designer for various advertising agencies including
Saatchi & Saatchi. She has taught Interactive and Graphic Design at American University,
Washington D.C. and West Chester University.
- After managing all website development and design, email marketing programs, analytics,
SEO, and usability testing during the launch of BHLDN, Anthropologie's wedding brand and the newest member of the Urban Outfitters family,
Leigh Johnson ’06 has accepted a position as Senior Manager, Gift Registry at Anthropologie.
- Kelly Wilson ’14, has accepted a graphic design position with iQ media. iQ media provides media intelligence services that help companies leverage broadcast
media to grow their network, generate awareness, and increase value.
- Britt Silver ’12 joined McCormick Taylor, Inc., an engineering firm located in Philadelphia, PA, as a graphic designer. Silver recently
completed design roles with Vanguard Charitable, In Bliss, and Brand.com.
- Stratus Interactive has awarded Dianna Brosius ’14 with a full-time graphic design position. In her role, Brosius is charged with creating
and editing materials to fit client’s needs across several different design platforms.
- Erin Murphy ’14 has accepted the position of Marketing Coordinator at Terra Contracting Services. Erin is currently supporting the firm’s graphic design and marketing needs.
- Michele Yamin ’14 has launched an ETSY shop, featuring many of her original illustrations available for purchase.