Back to top of page.
Associate Professor of Art, Graphic Design
- Master's Candidate, Syracuse University, 2011
- B.A., California State University, Long Beach, 1979
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania, Associate Professor, 1997-present
- Indiana University, Assistant Professor, 1994-1996
- University of Delaware, Assistant Professor, 1989-1993
- Self-Employed. 1984-Present.
- Manage and operate promotional packaging design firm. Clients include: Trump Enterprises,
Howard Hughes Properties, Harrah's Inc. Caesars International Resorts, Hilton Hotels,
MGM Grand Hotel and Resorts, Mirage
- Resorts, and Foxwoods Resorts & Casino, Convention and Visitor's Authority of Nevada,
Lake Tahoe Olympic Committee, Porsche Cars International of North America.
- Senior Art Director, Media Consultants. Reno, NV. 1981-1984.
- Art Director, Gustin+Curtis Advertising. Reno, NV. 1979-1981.
- Art Director, The Designory Inc. Los Angeles, CA. 1979-1980.
- ADDY Award for Direct Mail. 1993, 1994, 1995, 1997.
- Zanders, Award of Excellence. 1995.
- PRINT Magazine, Design Annual. 1989, 1990.
- Zellerbach Award, Best Use of Paper. 1985, 1986, 1987, 1990.
- Beckett Paper Company, Paper Promotion. 1990.
- Becket Paper Company, Letterhead Award. 1986, 1987, 1990.
- Advertising Club of Reno, Nevada, Best of Show. 1990.
- Excellence Awards. 1985-1990.
- How Magazine, self-promotion issue feature article. 1988, 1989.
- Neenah Paper, Certificate of Recognition. 1989.
- Simpson Paper, Letterhead Award. 1990.
- Strathmore Paper, Certificate of Excellence. 1989.
- AAF, Best in the West Merit Award. 1987.
- Department Scholarship. California State University Long Beach. 1976.
Professional and Academic Memberships
- American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA)
- Art Directors Club of Los Angeles
- Calligraphy Society of Los Angeles
- Society of Typographic Aficionados (SOTA)
- National Association Photoshop Professionals (NAPP)
- Movable Book Society
- AIGA, Philadelphia Chapter, Vice President, Chair Ethics, Executive Board. 2003-2004.
- AIGA, Philadelphia Chapter, Ethics Committee. 2001-2004.
- AIGA, Philadelphia Chapter, Education Committee Portfolio Evaluator. 2000-2004.
- Delaware County Community College Art Show Judge. 2003.
- AIGA, Philadelphia Chapter, Vice President, Secretary, Executive Board 1999-2001.
- Zanders Regional Paper Show Judge. 2001.
- AIGA, Reno Chapter, Executive Board Retreat. 1999-2000.
- AAF, Reno Chapter, President, Vice President, Executive Board. 1987-1989.
- AAF, Reno Chapter, Western Region Awards Committee Chair.
- Cerritos College, California, Assistant Gallery Coordinator.