Main Hall 517
- Ph.D., University of Alberta
- African Literature
- World Literature
- Comparative Literature
- Ghanaian Literature
- Approaches to Select Texts in World Literature. Kendall/Hunt August 2011. Co-edited and co-authored with Geetha Ramanathan.
- "Faceless: Amma Darko's Face for the Faceless." Making Connections: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Cultural Diversity 14.1 (Spring 2013): 28-39.
- "The Tale and Teller: A Study of the Griot's Narrative Art in Djibril Tasmir Niane's Sundiata: An Epic of Old Mali." Weavers and Bards: Narrative and Literary Style in Contemporary African Literature and Orature. Ed. J.K.S. Makokha, Remmy Barasa, and Adeyemi Daramola. Saarbrücken: VDM Verlag Dr. Müller, 2010: 238-245.
- "The Roles of Print and Non-Print Media and Promotional Associations in the Development of Ghanaian Literature." Matatu: A Journal of African Culture and Society 21-22 (2000): 341-49. Reprinted in FonTonFrom: Contemporary Ghanaian Literature, Theater, and Film. Ed. Kofi Anyidoho and James Gibbs. Amsterdam: Rodopi, 2000.
- "Ghanaian Literature." Encyclopedia of World Literature in the 20th Century. Ed. Steve Serafin. New York: St. James Press, 1999: 239-241.
- "Nationalism and Pan Africanism in Ghanaian Writing: The Examples of Ottobah Cugoano, Joseph E. Casely-Hayford, and Ayi Kwei Armah." Challenging Hierarchies: Issues and Themes in Colonial and Post-Colonial African Literature. Ed. Leonard Podis and Yakuba Saaka. New York: Peter Lang, 1998. 203-230.
- Entries on various Ghanaian authors and culture: "Ghana: An Overview"; "Joseph Abruquah"; "Bediako Asare"; "Kwesi Brew"; "Cameron Duodu"; "Francis Selormey"; "Amu Djoleto"; "Asare Konadu"; "Michael Dei-Anang." In Encyclopedia of Post-Colonial Literatures in English. Ed. Eugene Benson and L.W. Conolly. Routledge: London & New York, 1994.
- "The Concept of National Literature in Africa and the Polysystem Theory." Neohelicon 20.1 (1993): 267-288.
- "Chinua Achebe's Arrow of God: Ezeulu's Response to Change." College Literature 19.3 & 20.1 (Oct. 1992-Feb. 1993): 214-219.
- Review of A Gesture of Belonging: Letters from Bessie Head, 1965-1979, by Randolph Vigne. Canadian Journal of African Studies 27.3 (1993): 515-517.