Welcome back to your English Department! The purpose of this page is to:
- Foster exchange and networking opportunities between alumni and current students
- Assist you in maintaining relationships with former classmates and faculty
- Keep you informed about exciting developments in the English Department
Upcoming Alumni Events
Our annual English Career Panel & Networking event offers current English majors a prime opportunity to connect with working alumni. The event features:
- A "What Can You Do with An English Degree?" panel and Q & A, in which English alumni talk about the importance of their English degrees to their professional lives.
- A speed-networking session that enables current majors to connect directly with working English alumni. Our students are often delighted to learn about the breadth of career opportunities available to them as English majors!
Alumni Mentoring Program
Our English alumni have pursued careers and achieved success in a diverse range of exciting fields from working with the international publishing firm of Taylor & Francis/Routledge to heading development at the Franklin Institute or becoming the chief of marketing officer at Bloomberg, LP and many more. Many of our English alumni are ready and willing to mentor current English students as they begin to think of life after West Chester. The Twardowski Career Center has launched Ram Nation where you can begin to find English and other WCU alumni who are willing to speak to you about their careers, offer advice, have you shadow them, and serve as a mentor in other ways. You can find more information by visiting the Ram Nation webpage on the Career Center's website.
Our graduates enjoy successful careers in publishing, law, writing, marketing, advertising, education, corporate research, library science, and many other exciting fields. Read their stories.
Want to share your own alumni story? If you're a WCU English alum, please tell us what you've been up to since graduation!
English in the News
Interested in what's happening in the English Department? Our In the News Archive showcases notable accomplishments by students, alumni, and faculty, including research, publications, scholarships, events, new faculty hires, and other exciting news. Read the In the News Archive.
Give to the English Department
Our majors thrive in vibrant programs, many of which are supported by friends and alumni. We want to continue to grow and improve, but we need your help! Here are some ways you might consider supporting English:
- Give to one of the English Department's extant funds to support incoming majors, faculty activities, or general department activities. For more information, type the word "English" into the Fund Name blank on the WCU Foundation's Fund Search page.
- Create a new endowed English student scholarship in honor of a teacher, mentor, friend, or loved one. For more information, visit the WCU Foundation's Scholarships page.
English Faculty Reading Picks
Interested in what our faculty and staff are reading these days? Since 2008, our annual lists of book and media recommendations have offered something for every reader! View the lists.
Would you like to see something added to this page that's not already here? Help us improve by letting us know.
Visit Us on Facebook!
The WCU English Alumni Facebook page is a great way to stay in touch. Come join our group!