María José Cabrera
- Associate Professor of Languages
- Email María José Cabrera
- M.A.,M.Ed., West Virginia University
- B.A., Universidad de Murcia, Spain
Second Language Acquisition, Bilingualism, Pedagogy, Curriculum Development, Assessment & Language Proficiency, Spanish Linguistics (Pro-drop parameter in Dominican Spanish), Technology, and Acoustic Analysis.
- Co-editor, Camacho, J., Flores, N., Sánchez, L., Déprez, V., Cabrera, MJ. Romance Linguistics 2006: Selected papers from the 36th Linguistic Symposium on Romance Languages (LSRL), (2007). Amsterdam and Philadelphia: John Benjamins.
- ‘Foreign Language Skills and the Use of Technology’ (2009). The International Journal of Technology, Knowledge and Society. Co-authored with Dr. Celia Esplugas.
- ‘Quantitative, Notional, and Comprehensive Evaluations of Spontaneous Engaged Speech’ (2011). CALICO Journal, 29 (1). Co-authored with Dr. Garrett Molholt and Dr. Kumar.
- ‘Human-Technology Interaction: Evaluations of Spontaneous Engaged Speech’ (in press). The International Journal of Technology, Knowledge and Society. Co-authored with Dr. Garrett Molholt.
- Associate Editor for The International Journal of Technology, Knowledge and Society (in press).
- Member of the Review Board: Protagonistas, Vista
Classes Regularly Taught
- All language levels
- Spanish linguistics