The WCU Summer Undergraduate Research Institute (SURI) Summer 2021 has concluded. Information for SURI Summer 2022 will be available early 2022.
The purpose of SURI is to:
- Increase the interest in and opportunities for undergraduate research in all disciplines by providing a focused research opportunity for students.
- Promote collaboration among students and between students and faculty for scholarly research.- Establish a community of undergraduate scholars, where the students develop basic skills in all aspects for conducting research including project development, research compliance (when appropriate), and dissemination.
- Promote critical and analytical thinking skills and prepare undergraduate students for graduate-level studies and/or careers.
Selected applicants will receive a stipend to work full-time (40 hours/week) over eight weeks during the summer (May - June) to participate in:
- A SURI opening event.
- Research and creative activity under the direct supervision of a faculty member.
- Field trips to relevant regional industry and private institutions related to their research and creative activity.
- An invited speaker series.
- A SURI closing event during which they will present their work (poster, presentation, or performance).