Home Search Timeline
Are you considering moving off campus or making a move to a different home? Here are some tips to follow:
- In October, property owners begin to advertise for the following year.
- The majority of students begin their search in October for the following year.
- Lease dates vary from property owner to property owner but, leases typically begin in July and last one year.
- Housing will be available up to August, there just may be fewer choices so we recommend starting your search early.
- Looking early does not mean you need to sign early though! Don't rush into a lease if you don't feel comfortable.
Off Campus and Commuter Services wants to help you with your off campus housing search process. Here are some things you can do to begin looking for off campus housing.
- Visit the Off Campus Housing website to search for housing, roommates, and sublets.
- Attend the Off Campus Housing Fair on March 1st, 2022 in Sykes Student Union to meet property owners and explore the different housing options off campus.
- Attend a Moving Off Campus session in one of the residence halls.
- Set up an individual housing plan consultation with OCCS.
- Take the Living Off Campus Certificate Course to learn more about your rights and responsibilities off campus.