Master of Social Work (M.S.W.)
WCU is a regional leader in social work education and ranked among the top 100 MSW programs in the country by U.S. News. We offer one of the lowest tuition rates in the region and received the best salary score among Philadelphia-area MSW programs according to GradReports.
Our program mission is to prepare versatile social workers to employ innovative methods of practice that promote the well-being of individuals, families and communities. We equip students to practice from a social justice perspective grounded in the realization of human rights.
WCU's MSW Program Specialization is Advanced Practice with Individuals, Families, and Communities, an approach to social work that addresses well-being from a trauma-informed, recovery perspective grounded in human rights. Focusing on human rights as the key to social justice and sustainable wellness, practitioners regularly engage advocacy, policy and research. Our unique, simulation-based curriculum provides students opportunities to demonstrate competency in utilizing this approach as they prepare to respond to complex and contemporary issues in a range of interprofessional settings.
Our Philadelphia-based program is designed with adult learners in mind. We offer part-time and full-time study with classes held on weekday evenings. The MSW program is also offered at our West Chester campuses.
- Online course offerings
- Among the top 100 MSW programs nationally
- Diverse faculty committed to anti-racist, anti-oppressive practice
- Wide array of electives in high demand and emerging topics
- Certificate available in Gerontology
- Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
Field Practicum Highlights
- Employment-based practicum opportunities
- Partnerships with over 400 field sites
- Personalized placement experience
- Specialized Education and Programming in Integrated Care for eligible students
WE'RE HERE TO HELP!
Questions about WCU or the application process?
We're happy to assist you.
Jeanean Mohr, MSW
Assistant Director of Recruitment, Admissions and Enrollment
Join an admissions event (info sessions, coffee/lunch chats, open houses)
Watch the video below to hear from one of our MSW students, Candace Simmons, on her experience at WCU in Philadelphia.