- Assist the admissions office in recruitment efforts.
- Attending local college fairs as an alumni representative of WCU
College fairs are a great recruiting opportunity to introduce high school students to many different colleges. West Chester University’s Office of Admissions often receives more invitations to college fairs each year than our staff can attend. As a WAVE member, you can assist in recruitment at these fairs by handing out admissions publications, fielding basic questions, and sharing your own WCU experiences.
- Share your alumni story!
- Admitted student outreach
Alumni can assist by sharing their personal story to admitted WCU students through email, phone or postcard.
You are eligible to be a volunteer if you are an alumnus/a of WCU.
You are not eligible to participate if you:
- Have a child or sibling who is in the last year of high school and plans to apply to WCU.
- Are a college admission professional (including a high school counselor or independent admissions consultant).
- Are engaged in professional or volunteer admissions activities for another undergraduate institution.
How much time does it take?
Typically, a volunteer can expect to help a few hours per year to a few hours every month depending on their level of involvement. The amount of time may vary depending on your interest as well as your place of residence. Some areas of the country offer fewer opportunities for engagement with prospective students while other areas may offer multiple opportunities.
Is there training?
Volunteers who wish to assist by attending college fairs will be required to participate in training prior to going to their first event. Training may be remote or in person depending on the time of year or your location. You will be contacted with additional training information after you register.