Non-Degree/Senior Citizens

Graduate Non-degree Contact for Registration Only: The Graduate School office at 610-436-2458
Undergraduate Non-Degree Contact: Office of the Registrar at 610-436-3541
Senior Citizen Students Contact:Office of the Registrar at 610-436-3541

Scheduling Information

If you would like to review the class offerings, please visit the online course schedule.

Non-Degree Students

What is non-degree? Non degree is an academic term for "not formally accepted into a degree program." It is a great way to start your graduate career or to gain personal and professional growth. As a non-degree student, you take the same course as everyone else while earning the same college credit.


General Information

The "Non-degree Online Application" will allow you to apply for specific terms once registration is open for that term and for non-degree students.

Here are a few important points for you to know before you submit your non degree application:

  1. You will need to submit your date of birth, mailing address and your email address on the application.
  2. Once you submit your online application you will receive an email notification almost immediately. The email will be sent to the address you supplied on your application.
  3. Your online application will be processed and you will then receive a second email notification. This second email notification may take as much as 24 hours. It will include important instructions about how to search the class schedule and scheduling your class, billing information, and most importantly, your WCU ID number.

Senior Citizen Students


The Senior Citizen Policy

The Senior Citizen Program allows retired Pennsylvania residents to attend West Chester University tuition free on a SPACE-AVAILABLE BASIS. To qualify, the student must be retired, at least 60 years old, and have been a Pennsylvania resident for at least a year. Students may enroll as either degree or non-degree students and may audit or take courses for credit. The program does not include internships, independent study, individualized instruction, student teaching, thesis, seminar, or any similar course requiring extra faculty compensation for the additional enrollment.

Senior Citizen students may not register for courses prior to the beginning of classes. They must attend the first meeting of the class(es) for which they wish to register and obtain the instructor’s signature on their enrollment form, indicating that there is space available in the class. They then return their completed enrollment form to the Registrar’s Office. The Registrar’s Office then schedules the student and notifies the Bursar’s Office of their fee waiver.

Enrolling as a Non-Degree Senior Citizen

New Non-Degree Senior Citizen students should complete the Non-Degree Online Application. Once classes start, students may submit their completed course enrollment form and fee waiver to the Registrar’s Office for processing.

Returning Non-Degree Senior Citizen students may submit their completed course enrollment form and fee waiver to the Registrar’s Office for processing.

Senior Citizen Enrollment/Audit form and Fee Waiver