West Chester University Payroll office

The Payroll Office of West Chester University

is a dedicated team of professionals committed to paying university employees on-time and accurately, providing university employees with reliable, responsive, and timely customer service, retaining knowledgeable staff who understand payroll processes from start to finish, utilizing technology effectively in the operation of the payroll function and supporting the University in its efforts to achieve its mission.


Payroll Announcements

Payroll Communication - Please use the Payroll Email (Payroll@wcupa.edu) to communicate inquiries, documents, timesheets and issues, rather than contacting individual payroll team members.
This email is the most effective way to communicate with the Payroll Office.
Staff & Student Printed Payroll Checks - In the interest of concern for students, faculty and staff health, all printed Payroll checks will be mailed to the address on record and will not be available for pick-up at the Payroll Office.

Quick Links


Additional Resources


eTime is the PASSHE time reporting system utilized for Student Payroll.

Payroll Support

Employees have a variety of support options:

Employee Self Service

  • Payroll tab will allow employees access to online copies of your printed pay statements, manage W-4 withholding, view/change W-2 election, and view online W-2 form (if you have elected to receive the W-2 online).
  • The Help tab includes details on understanding your Pay Statement and updating W-4 form. 
WCU Payroll Support 

The WCU Payroll Support site includes links to Payroll Forms and Documents, including Dual Compensation.


In addition, Employment Verification information is available at:  Employment Verification

Employee Hiring Forms

Hiring forms can be found on the Budget and Financial Planning website's 'Resources and Forms' page. 
  • Classification / Request to Hire Staff
  • Temporarily Working Out-of-Class

Employment Verification information is available at:  Employment Verification

Student Employee Hiring

Student employee hiring is now being overseen by a dedicated Human Resources team. Please visit HR's Student Employment page for information and resources to support student hiring.

Faculty & Staff who wish to hire students can access the Student Employee hiring forms on the Student Employment Portal (This is a restricted site for Faculty and Staff only!) 
  • Federal Work Study Pre-Authorization Requests
  • Hourly Student Employees
  • Contract Student Employees (Graduate Assistants and Residence Assistants)

Student Payroll

Student Payroll (part of the Payroll Office) supports Student Employment by ensuring students are paid on-time and accurately. The Student Payroll team also administers and maintains the eTime time management system for hourly student employees.  

The Student Payroll page provides more information for student employees regarding eTime, the Payroll calendar and contact information.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I change my Address?

For mailing address changes, please use the Address Change Form available at https://wcupa.sharepoint.com/sites/AF/HR/Forms/SitePages/Home.aspx (Employees Only link) and email it to Payroll@wcupa.edu

How do I update my bank information?

Employees can submit changes to existing direct deposit account through the ESS Portal. For instructions, visit PASSHE's Employee Payroll Support site (https://www.passhe.edu/inside/HR/syshr/Pages/payroll.aspx) for the "Updating Direct Deposit / Bank Information" instructions.

To set up Payroll Direct Deposit, please contact the Payroll Office (Payroll@wcupa.edu). A payroll representative will provide instructions for submitting the appropriate form via the University's secure file transmission service.

Where can I find request to hire forms?

Both the "Request to Hire" and "Student Hiring" forms and instructions can be found on the Budget Office website.

Where can I find the Dual Compensation form?

Visit Payroll's "Dual Compensation" site (Employee's Only link) for instructions on submitting a Dual Compensation request.