Driver's License/ PA State ID

Students are encouraged to obtain a Pennsylvania State Driver's License if they plan to drive in the United States. Please note that several states, including PA, require that a nonimmigrant have at least six months remaining on your qualifying immigration document to be eligible for a license.

Obtaining a Driver's License or PA State ID

If you have a license from your home country, you can use that to drive in the US for up to one year.

Please visit a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Office. The closest office to WCU is: 225 Lancaster Avenue, Malvern PA 19355 1-800-932-4600.

A DMV Official will verify your information in the Department of Homeland Security's SAVE System. To apply you will need the following documents:

  • Passport
  • I-94
  • Enrollment Verification – can be found on your MyWCU portal (Academic Records, Enrollment Verification)
  • I-20/DS2019


Additional Resources:

Visit this DMV site for additional DVM information and fact sheet for Non-United States Citizens