View Text Only Version

College of Business & Public Affairs

Undergraduate Student Resources

Contact Us  

College of Business & Public Affairs

Dean's Office

College of Business and Public Affairs
624 South High Street
West Chester, PA 19383


Name: Michelle L. Patrick, Ph.D.
Position: Dean

Name: Laurie Christie
Position: Administrative Assistant

Name: Cindy Cheyney
Position: Assistant Dean

Name: Ruth Flanagan
Position: Administrative Assistant

Undergraduate Student Resources

Useful links:

IT Help Desk

Career Development Center

Counseling Center

D2L General Information

Financial Aid Office

Graduate Catalog

Health and Wellness Center


Office for Students with Disabilities (OSSD)

Public Safety


Undergraduate Catalog

University Calendar


Frequently asked questions:

How can I keep track my academic progress?

To keep track of your academic progress use your degree progress report (DPR). It will show you all satisfied and unsatisfied requirements for your major. Run a DPR at least once every term before you meet with your advisor. You can access your DPR through you MyWCU account. Select “Degree Progress Report”.

When should I meet with my advisor?

At a minimum meet with your advisor (or, if you’re a pre-business student, with your business counselor) at least once each semester before you schedule for classes. Be sure to schedule a meeting in advance of your course scheduling appointment. Consult with your advisor as needed at other times when you have questions about your academic progress.

How do I change my major?

To change your major complete an Application for Change of Major form. The form will have to be signed by your current advisor, the chair of the department where you seek admission, and the chair of the department from which you are transferring.

How do I add a minor?

You will have to complete an Add a Minor form. The form will have to be signed by your current advisor, the chair of the department in which you are seeking a minor, and the chair of your current department. Be sure to discuss your plans with your advisor.

Does the College of Business and Public Affairs offer any scholarships?

Yes. The College has a number of scholarship opportunities. There is a link to current scholarship offerings on the CBPA Homepage.

When and how should I apply to graduate?

You should apply to graduate once you have completed 90 credits. You should apply on-line through your MyWCU account. Select “Apply to Graduate” and follow the prompts.

What are the requirements for graduating with honors?

To qualify for honors at commencement, you will need to have completed at least 60 credits at WCU. Honors are awarded as follows:
  • cum laude3.250 – 3.499
  • magna Cum laude3.500 – 3.749
  • summa cum laude3.750 – 4.000

Can I participate in the Commencement Ceremony even if I have not completed all my coursework?

There are two annual commencement ceremonies: one in May and one in December. If you complete your coursework in the spring or summer sessions, you can participate in the May Commencement. If you complete your coursework in the fall session, you can participate in the December Commencement.

How many courses can I retake to improve my GPA?

You may retake five courses and have the new grades used in calculating your GPA. Your original grades will still appear on your transcript, but they will not factor in to your GPA. You cannot repeat one course more than twice.