Distinguished Research Award
The Distinguished Research Award is presented to full-time faculty members for their outstanding achievements in creative, research or scholarly activities, either for a specific project or a body of work accumulated over multiple years. An individual or a group of faculty members working on the same project may be nominated.
Certificate of recognition and $2,000 award
- The applicant must be a current full-time, tenured or tenure-track West Chester University faculty at the time of the nomination and the award presentation.
- Any person who wins this award must wait at least three years to be nominated again.
Formal nomination should be made by a member of the academic community (no student or self-nominations).
The application consists of the following:
- Cover Sheet
- A nomination letter from another faculty member or administrator, addressing the evaluation criteria listed below.
- A letter of support from the nominee’s college dean(s).
- A summary of the research or creative activity, written by the nominee (not to exceed 4 double-spaced pages). This summary should specifically address the evaluation criteria listed below.
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee (not to exceed 5 single-spaced pages).
- The nominee can also provide supporting material to the nominator for inclusion in the application.
Nomination deadline is February 17, 2023.
Submit the application as a PDF attachment to Ms. Megan Fahey at email@example.com.
Nominations are to be evaluated and recommended by the Academic Recognition Committee and approved by the Associate Vice President for Research. Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Quality: Has the work resulted in a significant advancement in the applicant’s field of interest?
- Institutional impact: How has this research or creative work had an institutional impact?
- Recognition: Have publications in peer-reviewed journals, presentations at professional societies, meetings, and/or honors and awards resulted from the research or creative work?
Award presented at December commencement.