The Emeritus/Emerita designation is awarded to nominees who have demonstrated major contributions to the University or their academic field. Major contributions to the university include:
- Noteworthy teaching, administering, coaching, or performance at the University
- Continuing contribution beyond regular teaching to students and student groups over an extended period of time
- Notable service to the University through membership in University-wide or departmental organizations., or
- The initiation and successful administration of a major new program for the University.
Major contributions to one's field include:
- Significant publications or equivalent activities in the professional field
- Significant leadership in state, regional, national or international activities which significantly benefit the University and the profession
- The award of significant grants or fellowships or of major awards or honors from professional organizations, or
- Invitations to speak or perform at meetings of local, state, national or international organizations.
- Recognition in the university catalogs and placement on the University mailing list
- Complimentary tickets upon request to athletic and cultural events
- Privilege of participation in academic processions
- Inclusion in any other department, administrative and official functions by the invitation of the group concerned
- Full library privileges. A reserved carrel in the library, if available, or access to the sixth floor faculty study room.
- Free parking privileges in campus parking lots assigned to faculty and staff, upon request made to the Office of the Provost.
Retiring or retired members of the faculty are eligible. (No self-nominations)
All applications must contain the following:
- Nomination form/cover sheet
- Nominator must provide support from ten members or the majority of the nominator’s academic department. This can be in the form of a single letter of support signed by all members or individual letters of support.
- Nominee or nominator must provide a copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae (not to exceed 5 single-spaced pages).
Nomination deadline is February 17, 2023. Submit the application as a PDF attachment to Ms. Megan Fahey email@example.com.
Award is announced in May by the Council of Trustees and presented at December commencement.