Lindback Distinguished Teaching Award
The Lindback Award is given in recognition of distinguished teaching. The distinguished teacher assists the student in developing a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of the discipline as well as the relationship of the discipline to other subjects in the university and the world at large.
- Listing in the university catalogs
- Nominations may be made by individuals, groups, or departments or the University Community (no self-nomination).
- Adjunct faculty members are eligible to receive this award.
- Nominees must be currently employed by WCU and have been so employed for a period of five years.
- No recipient can receive the award more than once.
Both the nominator and the nominee are responsible for the preparation of the application.
The application consists of:
- Cover sheet
- A letter from the nominator explaining why the nominee should receive the award.
- A narrative by the nominee (not to exceed 4 double-spaced pages), including a budget explanation of how the award will further benefit his or her teaching and scholarly activities.
- Supporting material from the nominee.
- Applicants must submit two semesters worth of their most recent SRIS evaluations.
The nominator may use any or all of the following criteria in support of the candidate:
- The development of a course(s) based on innovative concepts and methodologies demonstrating new possibilities for a particular discipline or disciplines.
- The development of an innovative method of teaching that significantly improves the learning process.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching sustained over at least five years and documented by colleagues from within and outside of one's department.
Nomination deadline is February 17, 2023.
Submit the application as a PDF attachment to Ms. Megan Fahey at email@example.com.
Award announced in May. Recipient will be honored at the December Commencement Ceremony. The recipient of the award will be required to submit a written report explaining how the money was used and what educational goals were achieved at the end of the year in which the award is announced.