Deans' Award for Teaching Excellence in General Education
The Deans’ Award for Teaching Excellence in General Education honors a faculty member who has contributed significantly to the general education program at West Chester University.
- Listing in the university catalogs
A nominee must be a tenured faculty member who has been employed by West Chester University for at least five years and teaches in the general education program. Nominations may be made by individuals, groups or departments of the University community (no self-nominations).
Both the nominator and the nominee are responsible for the preparation of the application.
Application must include the following:
- Cover sheet
- A letter from the nominator explaining why the nominee should receive the award.
- Narrative by the nominee (not to exceed 4 double-spaced pages).
- Curriculum vitae of nominee (not to exceed 5 single-spaced pages).
- Supporting material provided by the nominee.
The nominator may use any or all of the following criteria in support of the candidate:
- The development of a general education course(s) or experience based on innovative and engaging concepts and methodologies.
- The development of an innovative method of teaching in the general education program that significantly improves the learning process.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching in the general education program sustained over at least five years and documented by colleagues from within and outside of one’s department.
Nomination deadline is February 17, 2023.
Submit the application as a PDF attachment to Ms. Megan Fahey at firstname.lastname@example.org
Award will be announced in May.
Award presented at the December Commencement.