L2P&R Grad Group
Second Language Pedagogy and Research (L2P&R) Discussion Group
Second Language Pedagogy and Research (L2P&R) Discussion Group is one of the many student support programs offered by the Department of Languages and Cultures. It provides a forum to graduate students to discuss topics related to second-language pedagogy and research, exchange ideas, share best practices in second-language teaching, discuss their research ideas, and give and receive feedback on their scholarly work.
Specifically, the graduate students are provided with opportunities to…
- discuss academic articles on second-language learning and teaching;
- improve their abilities to write abstracts for presentations at conferences;
- rehearse for conference presentations (e.g., PennTESOL-East, TALFL, TESOL, LASSO…);
- obtain feedback on their current research projects and manuscripts;
- explore various second-language teaching techniques; and
- pilot and refine tools they develop for second language assessment.
The L2P&R Discussion Group meets once a month during the academic year. The meetings are 50 minutes in length to allow adequate time for discussion, feedback, and questions.
For questions about the L2P&R Discussion Group, please contact Dr. Jelena Colovic-Markovic.
Dr. Melissa Reed, Assistant Professor in the Department of Kinesiology and Vice-Chair for the Institutional Review Board (IRB) presents on IRB policies and procedures.