Graduation and Commencement: Paper Diplomas

Use myWCU to:

  1. Order a Certified Electronic Diploma (CeDiploma): $8.95 - for May 2015 & Future Graduates
  2. Order a Replacement Paper Diploma - for attendees DURING 1985 and AFTER
Validate a West Chester University CeDiploma

Key Resources:

General Information About Your Paper Diploma

  • At each of the graduation ceremonies (May & December) students receive their diploma covers.
  • Diplomas state the student's degree and honors. For example: Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science.
  • Majors and minors are only listed on transcripts, not on diplomas.
  • The name that appears on the diploma is the student’s primary name, unless the student chooses to complete a degree name or a preferred name in myWCU.
    • Please note: if only entering a degree name, that name must be very similar to the student’s primary name. (For example: Liz, instead of Elizabeth, or, Mike, instead of Michael.)
    • Please More information on the Preferred Name Policy.
  • Students must clear all holds in order to receive their diploma. NEN (Advisor) holds do not apply.
  • Diplomas are mailed for all students who have met graduation requirements and have cleared all holds according to the following schedule:
    • December graduates receive their diplomas in late February
    • May graduates receive their diplomas in late July
    • August graduates receive their diplomas in late October

Instructions for Ordering a Replacement Paper Diploma


Ordering of replacement diplomas and the Parchment ordering site will be unavailable on 11/28 and 11/29 for maintenance. Thank you for your patience as our team works through this process.


If you attended DURING 1985 or AFTER: Order via myWCU

  • Log-in to your myWCU to order a replacement diploma. ALL CURRENT STUDENTS and those who attended WCU during 1985 or after MUST order via myWCU. Please visit Info Services for log-in help.
  • In myWCU, look under Useful Links and click on Order Replacement Paper Diploma.
  • Once you get to the ordering page, you can choose Replacement Diploma from the listed products.

If you attended DURING 1984 or BEFORE: Order via Parchment

Open Parchment Website
  • Create an account to order a replacement diploma by visiting our partner service, Parchment.
    • Once you have created an account you can log-in using the same username/password for future orders.
  • Once you get to the ordering page, you can choose Replacement Diploma from the listed products.
Back to top of page.